Sunday, December 6, 2009

Amazing God.

I can very much relate to the difficulty Jews have with grasping Jesus as the Messiah.

When thinking about God it is so much more reasonable and understandable to think of Him as the Big Judge up in heaven looking down giving us right and wrong. Knowing God as a holy law giver is so much easier than knowing God as the one that Loves.

The love that the Bible offers is one that is unfathomable to highest degree and when I ponder it, I often end up frustrated and burned out. It makes absolutely no sense how God works. The grace of God that covers all sins makes even geniuses feel like fools. How could such a perfect God who cannot be around sin extend such grace so the we might know Him. It is truly amazing.

I really cannot even begin to write about it, it seems impossible to start, let alone describe in such a way that you might glimpse it. I know I have seen it at work in peoples lives, in how they are transformed, or how they love god back so deeply, but in my spirit I can feel the yearning to explain this love, but my language restricts my tongue.

Then how do we know this love? That is the beauty of God. He comes to have a personal, deeply intimate relationship with us. We can search for years, question and doubt, and be the best theologian with a knowledge of God and yet still never know God. "For the fool says in his heart there is no God." Psalms 14:1.

I don't really believe God cares whatsoever about how you intellectually know Him. Now don't get me wrong, biblical knowledge is critical, but to intellectualize God takes away His beauty and grace and love and His extreme unfathomability.

Growing up in the church can easily do that to people. Church kids have a great knowledge base of God but don't have a deep personal relationship with God. So as soon as anything comes against them God goes out the door.

WE NEED TO KNOW GOD, not from our heads but from our Hearts. It is the only way to really know Him, and trust me, it blows your mind. I am just beginning this journey of working all of this out and I have been completely amazed. I frequent find myself during my times of doing devotions I end up just singing "Your love is amazing!" over and over again.

I pray you begin to know God not from your mind but from the deepest part of your heart. It CHANGES EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment