Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Home Makeover.

This is in regards to my last post...

Last night I was lying in bed and just thinking over my day and the times spent with God. I began to recall what I had written in my last post when God decided to speak. A key point in the post was that dwelling had a connotation of inhabiting - setting up a home - where God was. God revealed a very powerful and true perspective to me yesterday, it was this: "before all the fancy toys and fixtures that are found in a home can be present, the hard labour has to be finished." All of the nicest houses ever built started off as an empty lot. Then the labourers built the foundations - the most important part- and made the walls, put in the electrical, the plumbing, heating, cooling, and painting. Only then do the luxuries come. The nice faucets, fixtures, couches, chairs, tiles and, tables etc. The same thing applies to your walk with God. Before all the miracles, the fire and glory, is the laying of the foundations, the building up walls and supports, putting in the intricate details. Don't expect the fire to fall if you have no place to put it. Build your house, do it well, no one - even God - wants a poorly built house. I pray today, that we all demolish the old crummy houses we have built. That we have a complete home makeover. If you are well on your way to a great house, I urge you to never loose sight of the prize. Build that house, only great things come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment